Abundance of water is a wonderful thing, however it can become one of the greatest forces to be reckoned with. Florida doesn’t always get rain at the right time or in the right places, but when it does start raining, too much of it can come down much too quickly.
Without Florida’s Water Drainage & Control Districts, the state would be flooded in no time.
Florida’s Water Drainage & Control Districts are responsible with water supply, water quality, and flood protection. They achieve this by ensuring the protection of the environment, natural resources, and making sure that land and water usage is done in such a way that they remain productive for our future and that of many generations to come.
Not only do Florida’s Water Drainage & Control Districts ensure a steady and quality supply of water for the population through conservation, resource protection, and development of alternative supplies, but they also protect Florida’s water resources.
Protecting creeks, rivers, and lakes is paramount to ensure future generations can enjoy the same access to clean water as we do. And while everyone can help to reduce damage caused to these water resources, the only way to truly succeed is for individuals and government entities to work together.
Florida’s Water Drainage & Control Districts play a vital role in increasing the quality of life for Florida’s residents by:
- Protecting and enhancing natural water systems
- Reducing damage and harm caused by floods
- Protecting the health and welfare of Florida’s residents and ensuring their safety
- Developing Florida’s capabilities to manage this vital resource
- Ensuring that all residents have access to water so it can be used for reasonable and beneficial purposes by implementing conservation programs, resource protection strategies, and developing alternate sources
- Ensuring the protection, maintenance and improvement of water resource quality through regulatory activities, resource management, land management and acquisition, and education
Egis Risk Advisors is the pool administrator of Florida Insurance Alliance (FIA), a public entity pool protecting more Special Districts and Public Charter Schools than any other insurance pool in Florida. We not only understand the mission of Florida’s Water Drainage & Control Districts, but also provide our full support through the following insurance coverages and services: